Welcome Guest!
Login Register Account

Aberdeen Paupers 188127-12-2016

In 1895 the two parishes of St. Nicholas and Old Machar who had hitherto provided poor relief for the whole of Aberdeen, finally united and established the Aberden Poorhouse which was administered by Aberdeen City Council. The buildings were sold in 1908 following the opening of the Oldmill Poorhouse. The site was later used for St Peter's Roman Catholic School, which is now demolished.

No Comments Yet...

Please Leave a Comment

Aberdeen Paupers 1881